The New Scalpel-Si
Cannondale’s all-new Scalpel-Si has been designed not only as a flat-out cross-country race machine, but also one that’s not a handful on technical trails as so many purebred race bikes can be, including its predecessor. While it used to be all about grams and efficiency, it’s now all about grams and efficiency WITH the added caveat that the bike has to be way more than just passable on relatively rowdy terrain.
Cannondale says that the 100mm-travel Scalpel-Si excels when things get technical thanks to its progressive (for a cross-country race bike) geometry, which, coincidentally, might also make it a great short-travel weapon regardless of if you’re lining up in a start chute or not.
• Intended use: cross-country racing, riding
• Rear wheel travel: 100mm
• Wheel size: 29” (on most models)
• 27.5” wheels on men’s small, women’s
• Frame material: carbon fiber
• Aluminum entry-level model
• Ai offset rear-end
• Zero Pivot Flexstays
• Lefty forks on all models
• Dual-ring compatible
• Di2 compatible
• Frame weight: 2,118 grams (inc. shock, hardware, axle)
• Lifetime warranty